Wednesday, January 23, 2008

tired of talking

Sometimes I wish that you could see
Who I am now and who I want to be...
The depth that I seek, how intensely I feel
How badly I want my thoughts to be real.
But the dreams in my heart are misunderstood
Oversimplified down to what's 'bad' and what's 'good'
When all that I need to to be ENOUGH
As I am, as I come, without all the 'fluff'
To be simply ME, however that flows
As I stumble through life, and I learn and I grow.
To be loved for the now, for the moment I'm in.
Please don't make me explain it again.
As I lose yet another layer of depth
To the constant reminder my words are inept
To tell you I'm me in whatever I do
That how I feel, ever changing, still remains true.
And I take a moment to breathe in what I see,
That I could waste forever for you to understand me.
But in the end, things will change only as you allow...
And what I want is for ME to be sufficient right now.

No comments: